Almond Coconut Snowballs Vegan Gluten-Free
A sweet proteic snack with minimum ingredients..you can get easier than that!
- a bowl, a fork / spoon, fridge
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 3 tbsp coconut oil room temperature not necessarily melted
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ¼ cup whole almonds no skin
- 3 tbsp sweetner ( agave / honey / xylitol / maple syrup. I used honey here.
- ⅓ cup desiccated coconut for coating
- In a medium sized bowl mix all the ingredients well.
- Put the mixture in the fridge for 15 - 30 minutes.
- Start shaping the balls with your hands placing one almond inside each ball.
- Coat in coconut then place them in the fridge for a few hours.
- Remove from fridge and enjoy cold or at room temperature.
- Make sure not to use more than 3 tbsp coconut oil or more than 3 tbsp liquid sweetener - they might turn out too moist. If you do use more make sure you add more desiccated coconut.
- I used minimum ingredients here in this recipe but it there is room for improvement. I will keep you updated.