Almond Filling Rolls Plant-Based Gluten-Free
For almond flavour lovers!
- baking trey, oven, food processor
- 1 cup almond flour
- 2/3 cup coconut sugar powder / xylitol powder
- 2 tbsp room temperature plant-based butter
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 1 tsp high quality vanilla paste / extract
- 1 roll gluten free pastry (suitable for croissants)
- 3 tbsp maple syrup / agave syrup for glazing
- 2 tbsp plant-based milk
- 2 tbsp almond flakes for decoration
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar powder / xylitol powder
Let's make the Almond filling
- In a food processor combine almond flour, coconut sugar powder, room temperature plant-based-butter, almond extract, vanilla paste, lemon juice. Add the water incrementally to reach a paste like consistency.
- Once you have reached the desired consistency, set aside.
Let's make the rolls
- Prepare a baking trey lined up with parchement paper.
- Preheat oven to 200°C (375°F)
- Prepare the puff pastry. Roll it out on its own baking paper.
- Cut it into 6 equal rectangles.
- Add almond filling rolling the pastry. You can add it twice while rolling if you want them rich in filling.
- Place them on the baking trey.
- Mix the agave syrup and the plant-based milk in a small bowl.
- Brush the rolls with the liquid mixture.
- Sprinkle almond flakes. Make sure they will stick to the pastry.
- Bake for around 15 minutes. Make sure you check the oven quite often since the baking time depends on each oven.
- Remove from oven. Allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- Powder the rolls with powdered coconut sugar or powdered xylitol.
- Best to be consumed the same day!
- Coconut sugar powder can be replaced with xylitol powder if we want a white almond paste.
- This recipe uses a store-bought gluten-free puff pastry so the result might be different depending on the brand. I can make a suggestion yet since I've only used Just Roll so far.