Looks fancy but it's easy..you just need an oven !
- 1 piece aubergine
- 4 pieces large tomatoes
- 5 pieces portobello mushrooms
- 1 piece large onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 cup tomatoes to make the marinara sauce
- 2 tbsp pine nuts
- ½ cup chopped parsley
- 1 tsp high quality salt
- ½ tsp oregano
- ½ tsp rosemary
- ½ tsp basil
- 2 leaves bay leaves
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- ½ tsp paprika powder
- ¼ tsp chilli flakes
- 1 cup vegan grated cheese
- Preheat oven at 200°C (375°F).
- Prepare 2 or 3 large baking treys lined with parchment paper.
- Slice the eggplant, large tomatoes and the onion.
- Place the slices on the baking treys, sprinkle olive oil, salt and pepper over.
- In a different trey place the garlic, the sliced onion and sauce tomatoes. Sprinkle olive oil, salt and pepper over.
- Bake all the vegetables for 20 minutes, depending on the oven..
To make the marinara sauce:
- In a blender place the baked onion, garlic and tomatoes together with all the spices. You can add a little bit of water depending on how thick you want the sauce to be.
Let's build the stacks:
- In a baking trey place on the bottom the portobello mushrooms and on top of each one of them place sauce, grated cheese,then a slice of tomato,then a slice of aubergine then sauce again, cheese and so on .
- Finish up with some sauce and cheese, sprinkle some pine nuts over.
- Add more sauce if necessary.
- Bake for another 15- 20 minutes depending on the oven.
- Take them out of the oven,sprinkle some parsley over and serve hot or warm.