Aubergine White Sauce Socca Pizza Vegan Gluten Free
So easy and so light..like a blessing!
- large frying pan,oven,bowl
For the socca pizza dough!
- 1 cup gram flour (chickpea flour )
- 1 cup water
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 tsp salt ( I used black salt for a special flavour)
- 1 tsp dried herbs of choice
For the white sauce:
- ½ - 1 cup unsalted caju nuts
- 1 - 2 clove garlic
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ½ tsp ground pepper
- ½ cup water
For the toppings:
- ½ piece aubergine / eggplant - sliced
- 2 pieces mushrooms - sliced
- 1-2 pieces tomatoes - sliced
- ¾ cup vegan grated mozzarella ( I used Violife)
- ½ cup chopped arugula
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
Let's make the white sauce!
- Soak the caju nuts in hot water for a few hours or over night in cold water. Drain and blend with water, garlic, lemon juice, pepper and salt. You can store the leftovers in the fridge for up to a week.
Let's make the dough!
- In a large enough bowl mix the gram flour, water, salt, herbs. Use a whisk and mix well. Set aside.
- Heat up the largest frying pan you have and in the same time heat the oven at 200°C (400°F).
- Pour all the dough into the frying pan as if we were making crepes. Let it cook for 2-3 min. Make sure it doesn't stick. Then place it in the oven for 2 more minutes.
- Take it out of the oven and place it on the stove. Flip the dough over carefully. Let it cook on the stove for 2 minutes and then in the oven for 2-3 more minutes. Before placing it in the oven for the second time you might want to transfer it on a round pizza pan - optional.
- Take the dough out of the oven, it should look brown on the edges.
Let's add the toppings!
- Place the aubergine slices and mushrooms as a first layer.
- Add white sauce using a teaspoon to sprinkle all over.
- Add a first layer of grated cheese.
- Add a layer of tomato slices.
- Sprinkle a second layer of cheese and place in the oven for about 15 minutes until you can see that the tomato slices are cooked.
- Take it out of the oven, sprinkle chopped arugula all over the pizza, slice it and serve.
- This is pizza is usually for 1 hungry person.
- I recommend using a large frying pan. You may try to make the dough on the stove only without placing it in the oven.
- The white caju garlic sauce is the secret ingredient but you may choose to use a different kind of sauce.
- You may use other veggie combo as well. I found that the association of eggplant and the white garlic sauce to be divine..