Carrot Makeover / Carrot Dogs / Carrot Crenwurst
I was skeptic too but it really works..carrots loose their identity and turn into..something else!
- glass jar or glass container, frying pan, fridge
- 8 pieces carrots
- ⅓ cup soy sauce
- ⅓ cup water
- 3 tbsp apple cider vinegar or ¼ cup lemon juice
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- ¾ tsp smoked paprika
- ¾ tsp sweet paprika
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- ¼ cup olive oil
Let's prepare the carrots for the total makeover:
- Peel the carrots trying to shape them as sausages.
- Boil the carrots until a fork can pierce them through.Do not overcook them.It takes around 15 minutes to boil them.
- Drain and let them cool.
Let's make the marinade:
- In a a bowl mix soy sauce,water, smoked paprika, sweet paprika, garlic, maple syrup, apple cider vinegar, olive oil.
- In a suitable glass jar or a glass container place the carrots and pour the marinade over.Cover with a lid and put them in the fridge for up to 24 hours or overnight or at least 4 hours.
- They are to be consumed grilled or cooked in a frying pan, turning them over several times.No need to add oil when cooking them.