Chickpea Flour Quiche Plant-based Gluten Free
Easy,light,clean and nourishing food..
- quiche tray, muffin tray ,1 large bowl, whisk, oven
- 3 cups chickpea flour
- 1 cup soy cream / silken tofu / oat cream / plant based milk
- 1 cups water
- 2 cubs organic yeast free stock
- 1 tsp salt (black salt id possible½)
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp gluten free baking powder
- 1 tsp gluten free baking soda
- ¼ cup lemon/lime juice
- ¼ cup chopped dill /parsley/ cilantro
- ½ cup fresh spinach
- 1 cup tomatoes
- 1 cup mushrooms
- 1 cup asparagus
- 1 cup red onions
- 1 cup red pepper
Let's make the batter
- In a large bowl add chickpea flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, black pepper, turmeric powder, cayenne pepper.
- Prepare the stock with 1 cups water adding lemon juice too and the cream / silken tofu / milk
- Add the liquid over the dry ingredients and mix well using a whisk or a blender.
- Add dill/ cilantro/ parsley and spinach and mix well.Let is sit.
Let's prepare the veggies
- Cut asparagus, onions, mushrooms, tomatoes and red pepper.
- Add them on a baking tray and sprinkle olive oil over.
- Bake them at 180°C (350°F) for 15 - 20 min depending on the oven.
- Remove veggies from oven .
- Let them cool a bit and then add over the batter.Mix gently.
- Pour the batter in a quiche tray.I used a muffin tray ,too.
- Grease the baking tray (quiche tray or muffin tray ).
- Bake at 200°C (400°F) for about 20 minutes.
- Keep an eye on the oven, the muffins are going to need less time in the oven than the quiche.
- Remove from oven.Serve warm or cold!
- I used both a quiche tray and a muffin tray because both of them were small.
- You may consider using a tray of your choice.
- If baking in a muffin tray, please consider the fact that they may be ready in less than 20 minutes.
- I first tried this recipe without using any plant based cream / milk / silken tofu.It turned out a little bit too dry so I figured I should use something to soften it, to make a bit more moist.You can make it using just the stock and the chickpea flour to make the batter, it works out pretty well, too.
- Any veggies combination can be used, feel free to play around.