Fig Muffins Plant-Based Gluten-Free
Juicy and healthy sweet...such a delight during the fig season!
- 1 12 pieces muffin tin
- 3/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk/light coconut milk
- 1 cup apple sauce
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 2 tbsp vanilla paste
- 1 1/2 cups gluten-free oat flour
- 1 1/2 cups brown rice flower
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp baking powder
- Preheat oven to 180C/350F.
- In a large bowl mix all the dry ingredients: oat flour, brown rice flour, baking powder, baking soda.
- In another medium sized bowl mix together the wet ingredients: maple syrup, almond milk, apple sauce, melted coconut oil and vanilla
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry. Stir until evenly mixed. The batter should be very thick but pourable.
- Spoon the muffin batter evenly into the 12 muffin cups.
- Prepare the figs but cutting them to resemble florets.
- Place one flowered fig into each muffin cup.
- Spread generously coconut sugar over the figs.
- Bake for 25 min depending on the oven.
- Remove from oven. Let cool and then remove muffins from tin and place on a rack.
- Enjoy warm or cold!