Figs & Chocolate Bliss Cake Vegan
Indulgence - Plant-based/ Gluten-Free/ Refined Sugar Free
- 1 round tin cake 9"
- 1 Food processor
- 1 silicon spatula
For the base:
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 cup almonds
- 1 cup soft juicy pitted dates
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
For the filling
- 2 cans organic coconut milk - scoop out the cream only
- 3 cups coconut sugar dairy free chocolate drops
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
For the topping:
- 6-7 figs ripe and fresh
- 1-2 tsp coconut sugar
- Blend walnuts and almonds in a food processor.
- Add pitted dates and maple syrup and blend progressively.
- Place the mixture in a round tin. Press with fingers to create an even base.Refrigerate.
To make the filling:
- Scoop out the coconut cream of 2 cans of coconut milk. Keep them in the fridge for a few hours before doing that.
- Use a whisk to make homogenize the cream as much as possible.
- Melt chocolate drops on bain-marie. Remove from heat.
- Pour the melted chocolate over the coconut cream and use a whisk to homogenize until smooth and silky.
- Remove the tim from fridge. Pour over the filling. Place in the fridge again.
For the figs topping:
- Cut figs into equal slices.
- Place on parchement paper on a baking tray.
- Sprinkle coconut sugar.
- Bake for about 15 min.
- Remove from oven and let cool before using them as topping.
- Add the figs on top of cake after the cake spent enough time in the fridge not to harden completely.
- Put cake back in the fridge. Figs will sink int othe cake just a bit.
- Refrigerate over night.