I invite you to try the following bread recipe.Baking gluten free and yeast free is still a challenge.We are at the dawn of a new type of cuisine.We are innovating and creating a new life style.
The following is a delicious succesful result after a lot of trial and error .
I hope it’s useful and inspiring!
Gluten-Free Yeast-Free Vegan Bread
- 1 large bowl, a blender, whisk, loaf pan (I used 9" x 3" )
- 1 cup gluten free oat flour
- 1 cup millet flour
- ¼ cup brown rice flour
- ¼ cup quinoa flour
- ½ cup unmodified potato starch
- 3 heaped tbsp milled flax seed + psyllium husk combined
- 2 tsp gluten free baking powder
- ½ tsp gluten free baking soda
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup filtered water
Flavouring and spices
- ¾ tsp himalaya salt or sea salt
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F)
- Mix the combination of flax seed and psyllium husk with 3 times more water ( 6 tbsp water in our case) and allow to rest and gel up for 10- 15 minutes
- In a large bowl whisk together the dry ingredients
- Add the wet ingredients and mix well to combine,no need to overknead.It needs to be a thick dough - feel free to add more brown rice flour or more water if needed.
- Pour into a pan lined with parchment paper
- I like to sprinkle a mix of seeds (sunflower seeds,pumpkin seeds,black sesame seeds) and to use a spoon to gently push them in and make sure they stick to the dough.
- Bake for 50 - 60 min or more depending on your oven.I recommend checking the oven every 10 - 15 min.
- Remove from the pan and allow to cool completely before slicingMake sure you place it on a rack or if not turn it over every 10 min to prevent the bottom crust to become moist and soggy.