Millet Baked Pudding - Gluten-Free Vegan
A light fluffy dessert based on millet and silken tofu.
- 1 glass baking dish, 1 pot for boiling,food processor
- 1 cup millet
- 1 cup almond milk
- 2 cups filtered water
- 400 gr silken tofu
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup berry jam
- ½ cup date paste
- ¼ cup Muscovado or brown sugar
- Cook the millet in 2 cups water adding almond milk as it starts to cook for a creamy texture.Make sure it will not end up runny.
- Let the cook milled cool down a bit until it's just a little warm or cold.
- Preaheat oven at 180°C (350°F)
- In a food processor add cooked millet,silken tofu,sweetner,coconut flour and vanilla and mix well
- Caramelize the sugar (Muscovado or another unrefined sugar) in the glass baking dish.The bottom of the dish will be covered with a layer of caramelized sugar.You can skip this step if it doesn't resonate.
- Pour the millet mixture over the caramelized sugar in the glass baking dish.
- Insert pieces of date paste all over dependin on how sweet you want the pudding to be.
- Make nests of berries jam or any fruit jam.
- Bake at 180°C (350°F) for 30 min
- Take the pudding out of the oven,spread some almond flakes on top of it and bake again for 5-10 minutes.
- Remove from oven.
- It can be served warm adding some fruit syrup or not.
- If you want to be able to slice it it needs to be cool.
- The amount of date paste and sugar depends on how sweet one wants the pudding to be.
- Do not increase the amount of mayple syrup ( or any other syrup of choice) to avoid the mixture to become runny.
- You can add more date paste or fruit jam instead.