Oil Free Hummus
Hummus in a lighter version..
- food processor, baking trey
To make hummus:
- 2 cans chickpeas or 400 gr cooked chickpeas
- 3 tbsp tahini
- 1/2 cup lemon juice ( juice of one big lemon)
- ⅓ cup sparkling water
- 2-3 cloves garlic
- ⅔ tsp quality salt
- ⅔ tsp cumin
- ½ tsp ground pepper
To make roasted chickpeas:
- 1 can or 200 gr cooked chickpeas drained
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp paprika powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp quality salt
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
Let's make hummus:
- Add all ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth. Taste and adjust seasonings.
Let's make roasted chickpeas:
- Preheat oven to 220°C (430°F ).
- Line a baking trey with parchment paper.
- In a bowl mix all the spices and add the chickpeas. Mix well until they are evenly coated.
- Add some olive oil and pour the chickpeas into the baking tray.
- Bake for 25-40 minutes depending on the oven. Better to keep an eye on and check every 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let the cool.Serve plain and / or decorate the hummus.