Pineapple Upside Down Cake Plant-based Gluten Free
A healthy,safe and delicious Medical Medium recipe.
- oven,cake pan
For the pineapple
- 1 tbsp melted coconut oil
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- ½ medium-sized pineapple
For the cake
- 2 cups gluten-free oat flour
- ½ cup coconut flour
- ½ cup brown rice flour
- 1¼ cups coconut sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- ⅔ cup full-fat coconut milk
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- 1 tbsp ground flaxseeds
- Preheat oven at 350°F/180°C
- Brush a cake pan lightly with coconut oil,Sprinkle coconut sugar and baking powder inn a large bowl.Set aside.
- To make the batter whisk together the oat flour,coconut flour,brown rice flour,coconut sugar and baking powder in a large bowl.Set aside.
- In another bowl add the apple sauce,coconut milk,coconut oil and flaxseeds. Whisk until uniform.
- Add the wet ingredients to he dry and stir until you get a uniform and very thick but pourable batter.Pour into prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes until lightly brown on top and a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool for 15 minutes in the pan. Loosen from the sides,place a serving tray on top and gently turn over.Cool completely before serving.
- Best enjoyed on the day of baking.Leftovers can be kept in an airtight container at room temperature.