In invite you to try the following recipe which is a result of my desire to develop 100% healthy muffin snacks.
Potato Muffins - Vegan,Gluten Free,Low Fat
It's an appetizer that could go well on a plate with a side dish or just as a finger food.
- a large bowl,a muffin tray, a potato masher
- 3½ cups mashed potatoes as a result of boiling 8 small organic potatoes
- 1 cup unsweetned organic oat milk
- ½ cup unmodified potato starch
- 1 cup chopped leeks
- ¾ cup sliced black olives,stones removed
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- ½ bunch finely chopped chives
- ¼ cup vegan grated mozzarella to garnish - optional
- Boil or steam the potatoes
- Preheat oven at 190°C (375°F)
- Mash potatoes with olive oil using a potato masher .
- Add oat milk and incorporate well
- Add potato starch,baking powder and incorporate well
- Add chopped leeks,sliced olives,finely chopped chives and mix
- Spoon mixture evenly in muffin tray and ornate with vegan grated mozzarela - optional
- Bake at 190°C (375°F) for 35- 40 min
- Remove from tray.Allow to cool for 5 minutes at least.Enjoy warm or cold!
- Store in a sealed container at room temperature and enjoy within 3 days.
- I strongly recommend using organic potatoes if possible,they really taste much better than the regular ones.
- Do not expect these muffins to be dense,they are quite light and the crust is delicious.
- I have tried different versions adding some gluten free flour but it's my conclusion that the recipe I am introducing here is the best option,low fat and truly light.
- You may feel free to experiment different toppings,I find leeks and olives combination quite amazing.