Quinoa Patties / Burgers Baked Vegan Gluten Free
A healthy,light but nutritious version of the classic patties / burgers.
- food processor - optional, oven, baking tray,sauce pan
- 4 cups cooked quinoa ( 1,5 cups dry quinoa)
- 1 cup chickpea flour ( gram flour)
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2-3 pieces red onions
- ½ cup finely chopped parsely
- ½ cup finely chopped dill
- 1 tsp mixed herbs
- 2 pieces vegetable stock cubes yeast free gluten free
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ⅓ tsp black pepper or cayenne pepper or chilli flakes
- 1/4 cup olive oil or any other type of oil.
- Cook quinoa - rinse and drain and then boil in twice amount water;add stock cubes previously dissolved in hot water,add salt and dried herbs. After boiling in for 5 minutes,reduce heat and let it simmer for 15 minutes.Then turn off heat and let it covered for another 10 -15 minutes .Then remove lid and let it cool down.
- Use a food processor or a knife to chop the onions,garlic,parsley,dill.
- Preheat oven to 190 °C (375°F).
- Prepare a baking tray lining it with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl mix cooked quinoa with onions,garlic,dill,parsley.
- Add chickpea flour progressively until you have a prefect consistency to mold the burgers/patties with your hands.
- Place the patties / burgers on the tray.
- Use a brush to oil them thorougly.
- Bake for about 45 minutes checking them every 15-minutes.They are ready when they start to brown and to look crispy coated.
- I preferred to bake these patties / burgers,you can definitely fry them and they will probably look better or taste a bit better.
- Feel free to add in more vegetables like chopped mushrooms / carrots / zucchini.
- Feel free to play around with spices or herbs also.