Raspberry Thumbprint Cookies Plant-Based Gluten-Free
Medical Medium recipe - plant-based, gluten-free, refined sugar free - DELICIOUS COOKIES !
- 1 baking tray
- 1 Food processor
- 1 Oven
- 1 large bowl
- 1 cup + 2 tbsp almond flour
- 1/2 tsp aluminium free baking soda
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup alcohol free vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup white sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup raspberry jam
- In a large bowl whisk together almond flour, baking soda, sea salt. Set aside.
- In a food processor process together tahini, coconut sugar and vanilla extract until smoothly combined.
- Add almond flour mixture to the food processor and pulse until well combined.
- Add water by table spoon if still crumbly.
- Form the dough into balls and roll them in the sesame seeds.
- Place on a baking tray lines with parchment paper.
- Press a thumbprint into the centre of each cookies and then place them into the oven.
- Bake at 180 C / 375 F for 8-10 minutes .
- Remove from oven and fill each one with one teaspoon of raspberry jam.
- Allow to cook on a rack and serve. Enjoy!
- Depending on how runny the tahini is, adjust the quantity of almond flour needed in order to reach the desired dough consistency.
- Make sure you use a refined sugar free jam. If not available in stores I recommend making your own using raspberries, a healthy crystalized sugar ( coconut sugar or muscovado sugar or at least unrefined cane sugar) chia seeds and lemon juice.