Sesame Bread Vegan Gluten Free Yeast Free
A playful combination of gluten free flours..
- 1 large bowl, oven, whisk, loaf pan (I used 9" x 3" ), blender to make flour - optional
- 1 cup gluten free oat flour
- 1 cup millet flour
- ⅓ cup almond flour
- ⅓ cup rye flour
- ⅓ cup cassava flour
- 1 tbsp milled flax seed
- 2 tbsp psyllium husk
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp gluten free baking soda
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup water
- ¾ tsp high quality salt
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar or lemon juice to activate baking soda
- tsp unrefined sugar or maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F).
- Mix the combination of flax seed and psyllium husk with 3 times more water ( 6 tbsp water in our case) and allow to rest and gel up for 10- 15 minutes.
- In a large bowl whisk together the dry ingredients.
- Add the wet ingredients and mix well to combine,no need to overknead. It needs to be a thick dough - feel free to add more of one of the flours or more water if needed.
- Pour into a pan lined with parchment paper.
- Sprinkle sesame seeds and to use a wet spoon to gently push them in and make sure they stick to the dough.
- Bake for 45 min or more or less depending on your oven. I recommend checking the oven every 10 - 15 min.
- Remove from the pan and allow to cool completely before slicing.Make sure you place it on a rack or if not turn it over every 10 min to prevent the bottom crust to become moist and soggy.
- I used a blender to make gluten free oat flour out of rolled oats .It saves some time if you have these ready made in your pantry,they are available for purchase in health stores usually.
There is room for innovation so you can experiment different flour blends. My conclusion so far is whatever the combination is best to start with 1 cup oat flour. I intend to keep experimenting and to post any future successful combinations.
- I used a mixture of milled flax seeds and psyllium husk -ratio 3:1 . If you use psyllium husk only,please bare in mind that 1 tbsp of it should be mixed into 1 cup of water.I haven't tried using only psyllium husk yet. Psyllium husk gelifies much faster even when using a very small quantity,so I really recommend it in combination with the milled flax seeds.