Strawberry Muffins Vegan Gluten Free
Muffins - a staple snack -let's make it healthy and harmless!
- muffin tin, a large bowl, oven
- 2 cups oat flour ( coarse, not very fine ) preferably
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- 1 cup plant -based yogurt
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp peanut butter
- 2 tbsp flaxseed
- ⅔ cup strawberry chunks
- ½ cup almond flakes
- 1 tbsp lemon juice or apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Mix well all the dry ingredients except for sugar.
- In a separate bowl mix the wet ingredients adding the sugar and set aside to let the sugar melt.
- Mix the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients adding the strawberry chunks,too.
- The batter should be thick, feel free to adjust by adding more almond milk or flour as needed.
- Pour the batter into the muffin tin so you have ⅔ of a muffin in the pan.
- Decorate using strawberry chunks, almond flakes and sugar.
- Bake for 25 minutes more or less depending on the oven.
- Let them cool on a rack.
- Serve with a cashew frosting if preferred.
To make a cashew frosting
- Soak cashew in hot water for 2-4 hours. Drain and blend with maple syrup, almond milk and lemon juice.