Tiramisu - Plant-based Gluten-free
A different kind of a classic recipe.
- electric mixer,2 bowls
- 500 gr vegan mascarpone Schlagfix
- 1 cup powdered xylitol I used a blender to make the xylitol powder
- 3 tsp vanila
- 1 cup Prosecco white / Amaretto Liqueur or a different alcoholic drink of your choice
- 1 cup coconut cream - optional or vegan whipping cream
- 1 cup strong coffee of your choice
- ⅓ cup cocoa powder
- 18 ladyfingers or less depending on your container Ladyfingers recipe link down in Notes
- In a large bowl mix the mascarpone with the xylitol and vanilla using an electric mixer.
- I added almost 1 cup Prosecco white into the cream and mixed it well.
- I personally skipped this step but ..you can mix the coconut cream and then add it to the mascarpone mixture.Instead of coconut cream you can add vegan whipping cream (Schlagfix for ex.)
- In a glass container or a container of your choice make a first layer of ladyfingers soaked in a previously made coffee and prosecco liquid mixture
- Make sure these ladyfingers are well soaked ,add a layer of cream and repeat the procedure till the container is full.Sprinkle cocoa powder on top of the cake.I personally use cocoa powder mixed with powdered coconut sugar.
- Refrigerate overnight .
Cream It was my choice not to use coconut cream or whipping cream because I was really satisfied wit the taste of the cream at this stage.It was a bit too firm maybe. I recommend adding coconut cream or vegan whipping cream to obtain a more accurate replica of the classic tiramisu. To get coconut cream you need to refrigerate 2 cans of coconut milk for a few hours and then scoop the cream without adding any milk liquid.Mix the scooped coconut milk and then fold it into the mascarpone mixture.I personally wanted to avoid the coconut taste this time. I intend to make the next tiramisu using vegan whipping cream - Schlagfix. Overall I was very happy to eat tiramisu for the first time in 3 years.I had to challenge myself to make a plant based gluten free version of it and this is my first attempt. Ladyfingers Ladyfingers - recipe here.