Gluten-Free Vegan Jam Rolls
A vegan adaptation of a Romanian recipe - Cornulete.Inspired by pastry dough pop tarts - sweetashoney.co
- 1 roller-pin
- 1 large bowl
- 1 Oven
- 1 refrigerator
For the pastry dough:
- 2 1/4 cups almond flour
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup Erythritol
- 2 1/2 tsp Xanthan Gum
- 1/3 cup almond milk
- 100 gr unsalted vegan butter
- 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar ( acv)
For the healthy jam:
- 2 cups prunes
- 1 cup coconut sugar / muscovado sugar
- 3 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/3 cup walnuts roughly chopped for the filling.
Let's make pastry dough:
- In a large bowl whisk together the dry ingredients: almond flour, coconut flour, Erythritol and Xanthan Gum.
- Add in the unsweetened almond milk, melted butter and apple cider vinegar.
- Combine with a spoon at first, knead with your hands until you can shape a ball.
- Wrap the ball in cling film. Freeze for 10 minutes or place in the freezer for later use.
- Remove form freezer. Divide in half.
- Roll each half between 2 pieces of parchment paper.
- Cut a big round form ( I used a large mixing bowl for that).
- Cut into equal triangles like equal pizza slices.
- Use a teaspoon to place jam on each of them together with a piece of walnut, and then roll.
- Place them on the lined baking tray.
- Bake for 25 min at 180C / 375F or until the crust is golden brown.
- Let them cool then powder with powdered Erythritol and serve. Enjoy!
Lets'make healthy prunes jam:
- In a sauce pan boil together the fruit (stones removed) , coconut sugar, lemon juice and chia seeds.
- Boil until you have a thick jam. Let it cool.