Walnut Dates Roll Cake Raw Vegan
Delicious easy sugar free no bake cake
- Food processor
- Kitchen foil
- 1 Large bowl
For the dough
- 1 cup date paste or dates
- 3 cups oat flour
For the filling
- 1½ cup walnuts
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla
- In a large bowl add date paste.Alternatively you can use soaked dates and a food processor to make a date paste.In this case use the water in which you soaked the dates to make the paste and the dough.
- Add oat flour progressively and warm water and knead.
- The result should be a firm enough dough that you can model with your hands.
- In a food processor combine walnuts, cocoa powder, maple syrup, vanilla.Mix.You can add more maple syrup depending on how sweet you want it to be.Just consider that the dough is already quite sweet.
Making the roll
- Place the dough on kitchen foil on the counter.
- Use your hands and to the best of your ability spread it evenly in a shape of a square or rectangle.Be patient modelling the dough, it takes a little while to get the desired result.
- Add the filling with a spoon and spread it evenly over the dough.
- Using the kitchen foil start making the roll.Use your hands to model it so it can take a nice shape.
- Let the roll wrapped in kitchen foil and place it the freezer for 2 hours at least.
- Take the roll out of the freezer.Slice it with a knife and before separating the slices use a sieve to powder the cake with cocoa or a mix of powdered coconut sugar and cocoa.
- Arrange the slices on a plate.Keep them in the fridge.
- Enjoy cold or at the room temperature.