Stuffed Eggplant / Mushrooms
A suggestion for an easy fancy meal.
- 1 large bowl, a baking trey, oven
- 1 piece eggplant
- 500 gr mushrooms
- ½ cup chickpeas couscous
- 2 pieces green onions
- 1 clove garlic
- ⅕ cup olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper powder
- ½ tsp sumac
- ⅓ tsp turmeric poder
- ½ cup fresh parsley or dill or cilantro
- Prepare the mushrooms removing their stems in order to use them for the filling.
- Cut the eggplant lenghtwise,scoop out the flesh.We are going to use it for the filling.
- Place the mushrooms and the eggplant halves on a baking trey previously greased.Brush the interior of the eggplants with oil.
Let's make the filling
- Preheat oven at 180°C (350°F)
- Cook the chickpeas couscous according to instructions.I recommend using ½ organic yeast free stock cube dissolved in the water used to cook couscous.
- In a large bowl mix the chopped onions, chopped mushroom stems, chopped eggplant flesh, cooked couscous, parsley, salt, pepper, turmeric, sumac, garlic, olive oil and mix well.
- Carefully stuff the eggplants and the mushrooms with the filling.
- Bake at 180°C (350°F) for about 25 minutes depending on the oven.
- Remove from oven,sprinkle some chives or fresh parslely over and serve.Enjoy!